SCALABLE is a software development and professional services company headquartered in Culver City (West Los Angeles) CA, just north and a little east of . We offer network simulation solutions for modeling sophisticated communications environments to governmental, military, educational and commercial institutions around the world.
Our software is complex and innovative, so it's no surprise that many of our developers have a Ph.D in Computer Science or something similar. Likewise, many of our customers use SCALABLE products in support of truly life-or-death missions, so they expect our field services personnel to be effective and committed.
We are growing, and we are looking for good people. We have a very diverse environment, and offer flexible working hours and a great location (in the Corporate Pointe complex just west of Holy Cross Cemetary, with a panoramic view of LAX, Marina del Rey to the ocean, Santa Monica and all the way around to Century City).
If you know networking (wired / wireless / cellular / satellite), communications protocols, parallel processing, UI design, visualization, simulation or emulation -- either the technologies, the markets or the customer applications -- we would like to talk to you. Send in a resume to get a conversation started.
Send a cover letter and your resume in .PDF or text to JOBS@scalable-networks.com. Please put the job title in the email Subject line.
We offer an outstanding benefits plan via Insperity (health insurance, retirement plan, education reimbursement, etc.), flexible work hours, gym subsidies (in LA only), an open kitchen filled with a supply of assorted snacks, fruit, and beverages, and a positive, energetic work environment.
Senior GUI Engineer
Are you interested in working for a growing, dynamic, and successful software company where your work makes a significant difference? We are looking for a Senior GUI Engineer who is passionate about their work and has experience working with front-end applications.
As the Senior GUI Engineer you will be responsible for the overall architecture and system design of all of SNT's front-end applications which involves listening to product and business interests and proposing solutions that meet those needs. You will also be responsible for developing solutions and providing UX ideas and concepts through storyboarding and mockups. Experience with Sketch App and other mockup creation tools are very useful during this process.
You should be able to provide expertise on all of our GUI products and knowledge of some 3D visualization framework/API is plus. It is important to be familiar with other important technologies such as OGRE 3D, MyGUI, ASSIMP, QML, and QGraphicsView and have strong experience with C++ and Object Oriented programming. Knowledge of OpenGL, or other 3D Graphics library are a plus.
This position is located in our Los Angeles, CA headquarters
SCALABLE Network Technologies is the undisputed leader in parallel processing technology for network performance emulation, and we have a reputation for top quality service in emulation and simulation of computer networks worldwide. We have collective depth of expertise in wireless, satellite, cellular, wired, and mobile ad hoc networks. Customers use our software to design, analyze and deploy network centric systems, mobile broadband networks, sensor networks and car-to-car communication systems. We have pioneered the use of these emulation technologies.
We are actively looking for experienced software engineers to join our team, where you will be involved in developing network scenarios, programming networking protocols and running large-scale simulations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development and execution of real-time network simulation and emulation products.
- Design network scenarios to analyze the best case and worst case performance of wired and wireless networks using high-performance multi-core and cluster computers.
- Design and develop simulation models for networking protocols based on standards
- Create new tools and technologies to improve the design, analysis and deployment of wireless networks.
- Develop, test and evaluate network scenarios that integrate and interoperate EXata-based software virtual networks (SVN) with real hardware (VoIP phones, routers and other customer equipment)
- Document and communicate issues, risks and concerns to stakeholders, developers, sponsors.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to identify and resolve technical, business, and process related issues.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. MS or PhD is a plus
- 2 to 5 years experience with C/C++ and/or other object oriented programming languages
- 1 – 3 years experience with TCP/IP protocol stack and OSI network model
- Familiarity with software engineering processes/methodologies
- Experience with discrete event simulation tools or similar is a plus
We have two positions available, one in our Los Angeles, CA headquarters and one in Huntsville, AL.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org